2020-2021 Local Scholarships
Alan Pennington Soccer Scholarship (March 5th, 2021 Deadline)
AMF Scholarship (May 3rd Deadline)
The Andrea Coffey "Spirit of Courage" Scholarship (March 24th, 2021 Deadline) Darke Rural Electric (February 15th, 2021 Deadline)
Delta Theta Tau Alpha Gamma Pi Chapter Scholarship (April 23rd, 2021 Deadline)
Eastern Indiana Gem & Geological Society STEM Scholarship (February 1st, 2021 Deadline)
Fellowship Lodge #106 Scholarship (April 30th, 2021 Deadline- Turn in to Ms. Egbert by 2pm)
Henny Penny Leadership Award (March 19th, 2021 Deadline- Turn in to Ms. Egbert) Joseph K Slone Memorial Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline- Turn in to Ms. Egbert) Larry A. Hart Memorial Scholarship (March 15th, 2021 Deadline) Megawatt Scholarship- Whirlpool/KitchenAid Greenville (March 6th, 2021 Deadline) Mote & Associates Scholarship (April 2nd, 2021 Deadline) National Trail Alumni Scholarship (April 5th, 2021 Deadline- Turn in to Ms. Egbert) National Trail Boosters Club Scholarship (April 12th, 2021 Deadline- Turn in to Ms. Egbert) National Trail Greg Arnett Memorial Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline - Turn in to Ms. Egbert) National Trail Kent Rubright Memorial Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline - Turn in to Ms. Egbert) National Trail Monsanto/Barnes Family Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline - Turn in to Ms. Egbert) National Trail School Foundation Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline - Turn in to Ms. Egbert) National Trail School Foundation/Monroe Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline- Turn in to Ms. Egbert) National Trail ShirleyAnn Jordan Memorial Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline - Turn in to Ms. Egbert) National Trail Simpson Spirit of Service Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline - Turn in to Ms. Egbert) New Paris Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship (March 24th, 2021 Deadline) NTEA Scholarship (April 16th, 2021 Deadline -Turn in to Mr. Ferguson) Preble County Pork Festival Scholarship (March 31st, 2021 Deadline) Preble County Local Scholarships (March 19th, 2021 Deadline -Turn in to Ms. Egbert) Sarah's Pizza Lewisburg Scholarship (April 9th, 2021 Deadline - Turn in to Ms. Egbert) The Business and Professional Women of Preble County Scholarships (April 5th, 2021 Deadline) The Greater Ohio Valley Chapter of Women in Defense's Scholarship (March 31st, 2021 Deadline)
WWVMC Scholarship (May 1st, 2021 Deadline)
March scheduled events:
3/4 College Credit Plus Night @5pm in the HS Gym
3/8 Army Lunch Visit
3/9 ACT Day ALL JUNIORS
3/16 ASVAB (Sign up Only)
3/18 Commit to Graduate Day
3/23 ACT Makeup Day
3/24 Army Lunch Visit
3/26 ASVAB Interpretation Day
Check out the 'Guidance News' bulletin board in the main high school lobby for all guidance related events going on at NT including...
- College visits to NT (during intervention- all juniors and seniors welcome- usually held in the library)
- Annual Financial Aid Night/Financial Aid Workshop, ACT Sign Up night, college/career fair- all held at NT!
- ACT and SAT deadline dates
- College campus visit days held at the college
- Military visits
- Scholarships are posted in the lobby near the guidance office
FAFSA is available online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov
We offer a financial aid night in the fall to learn more about the FAFSA and to get help in filing the FAFSA! This year's financial aid night will be held on (TBD)! Bring your tax information with you!
*Scholarships services are free, one should not pay a fee for a scholarship or service.
· Seniors may request a transcript by filling out the transcript request form found in the guidance office.
· It is highly recommended that students call the college admissions office prior to the deadline to make sure all paperwork is received and their application is complete. The STUDENT is responsible for making sure the college has all paperwork needed for the application process BEFORE THE DEADLINE. Guidance recommendations must be requested from the guidance office.
- Continue going on college visits to interested colleges and research colleges online
- Narrow down the list of colleges you plan to apply for
- Take the ACT one last time!
- File the FAFSA
- Double check application deadlines and be sure all materials are organized to apply
- Check for any schools you are interested in and if they have a January 1st deadline, be sure you have applied
- Begin applying for scholarships
- Begin to wrap up college applications
- Continue looking for and applying for scholarships
- Make sure any updated test scores (ACT, SAT) have been sent to colleges
- If you are planning to attend college and have not yet applied, do so in January!
- Most school specific financial aid forms are due in February so contact your interested colleges and be sure everything is turned in that needs to be!
- College decision letters continue/begin to arrive!
- Scrutinize financial aid offers
- Make final decision about where to go next year!
Graduation: May 28, 2021 Congratulations, you made it!
- Remember to pay attention to the mail over the summer as colleges will contact you with important information and to let you know if there is anything else they need from you!
- Attend college visits at NTHS during intervention
- Seniors and juniors are allowed two excused absences to visit a college. The form is available in guidance office and must be filled out before visit.
- Information on military branches and recruiter contacts are available in guidance office
- Sign up to take the ASVAB. Students may arrange to take the ASVAB at anytime with a military recruiter.
- Sign up to take ACT or SAT in the spring of junior year
- Juniors are invited to attend all college and military visits and meetings at NTHS
- Juniors may have two excused absences to visit a college. Form is available in guidance office and must be filled out before visit
- Attend our college information night and college fair
Crisis Text Line (a free, 24/7 text line for people in crisis): Text 4HOPE to 741741
Suicide Prevention Center (crisis hotline): 937-229-7777
Good Samaritan Behavioral (counseling services): 937-456-1915