Check out the 'Guidance News' bulletin board in the main high school lobby for all guidance related events going on at NT including...
- College visits to NT (during intervention- all juniors and seniors welcome- usually held in the library)
- Annual College Information Night, Financial Aid Night, Financial Aid Workshop, college/career fair- all held at NT!
- ACT and SAT deadline dates
- College campus visit days held at the college
- Military visits
- Scholarships are posted in the lobby near the guidance office
FAFSA is available online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov
We offer a financial aid night in the fall to learn more about the FAFSA and to get help in filing the FAFSA! This year's financial aid night will be held on October 27th in the Library.
- Contact a college financial aid department to learn about their academic, athletic, or other scholarships
- Research various scholarship websites including www.fastweb.com.
- In the spring, see scholarship bulletin board in NTHS
- Local scholarships will be posted and emailed to parents and students in December/January
*Scholarships services are free, one should not pay a fee for a scholarship or service.
· Seniors may request a transcript by filling out the transcript request form found in the guidance office.
· It is highly recommended that students call the college admissions office prior to the deadline to make sure all paperwork is received and their application is complete. The STUDENT is responsible for making sure the college has all paperwork needed for the application process BEFORE THE DEADLINE. Guidance recommendations must be requested from the guidance office.
- Continue going on college visits to interested colleges and research colleges online
- Narrow down the list of colleges you plan to apply for
- Take the ACT one last time!
- File the FAFSA
- Double check application deadlines and be sure all materials are organized to apply
- Check for any schools you are interested in and if they have a January 1st deadline, be sure you have applied
- Begin applying for scholarships
- Begin to wrap up college applications
- Continue looking for and applying for scholarships
- Make sure any updated test scores (ACT, SAT) have been sent to colleges
- If you are planning to attend college and have not yet applied, do so in January!
- Most school specific financial aid forms are due in February so contact your interested colleges and be sure everything is turned in that needs to be!
- College decision letters continue/begin to arrive!
- Scrutinize financial aid offers
- Make final decision about where to go next year!
Graduation: May 26, 2017 Congratulations, you made it!
- Remember to pay attention to the mail over the summer as colleges will contact you with important information and to let you know if there is anything else they need from you!
- Attend college visits at NTHS during intervention
- Seniors and juniors are allowed two excused absences to visit a college. The form is available in guidance office and must be filled out before visit.
- Information on military branches and recruiter contacts are available in guidance office
- Sign up to take the ASVAB. Students may take the ASVAB at NT when it is offered, or they may arrange to take the ASVAB at anytime with a military recruiter.
- Sign up to take ACT or SAT in the spring of junior year
- Juniors are invited to attend all college and military visits and meetings at NTHS
- Juniors may have two excused absences to visit a college. Form is available in guidance office and must be filled out before visit
- Attend our college information night and college fair
Suicide Prevention Center (crisis hotline): 937-229-7777
Good Samaritan Behavioral (counseling services): 937-456-1915